LUCKY STAR: An Evening of Art & Burlesque Inspired by Madonna, to benefit The Rainbow Center
Since releasing her debut album in 1983, Madonna has transcended from Material Girl to international icon. Throughout the years, she has repeatedly reinvented herself through a series of visual and musical personas. Unapologetic and always cutting-edge, nothing stops her. When Madonna told Dick Clark, “I want to conquer the world,” she meant it.
Madonna’s astute mind for business presents a resume as diverse as her sense of style: fashion designer, children’s book author, film director/producer, and owner of her own recording company. She is as global force to be reckoned with, and we wouldn’t want it any other way!
Now… Madonna’s unfettered spirit of individuality will be used to benefit The Rainbow Center, an Atlanta-based organization who serves the needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered (GLBTQ), those questioning their sexual orientation and gender, their families and friends. The Rainbow Center is a community resource and support center for social, therapeutic, spiritual, educational or volunteer pursuits.
– $10 door donation
– 70+ Participating Atlanta Artists
– Burlesque Show by Minette Magnifique
– Live Make-up Artistry by PinUpGirl! Cosmetics
– Hosted by Baroness VONschmalhausen
– “Material Girl Costume Contest” – Prize: Madonna Makeover by PinUpGirl! Cosmetics
– DJ Ray Redding
– Event Photography by: Thu Tran, Dean Ansley
– Payment (in cash or check form) must be made during or immediately after the event.
– Purchased artwork may be taken home immediately following the event.
205 Holtzclaw ST. Unit J
Atlanta, GA 30313
$10 door donation