The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia’s Off-the-Wall Pin-Up Show + Sale 2010
Pin-Up is a members-only event! The Price of Admission is a membership at MOCA GA. Through November 30, all artists and students are eligible for 1/2 price student and artist memberships ($12.50 for a regularly $25 membership) thanks to a membership challenge grant from Louis Corrigan of the Possible Futures Foundation. In addition we will offer special discounted membership rates through Thursday, November 18 (the day before Pin-Up), as follows:
Student & Individual Artist level: $12.50 (regularly $25)
Individual level: $30.00 (regularly $35)
Dual level: $40.00 (regularly $55)
Family level: $45.00 (regularly $60)
Friend level: $80.00 (regularly $100)
Click here to take advantage of these discounted rates and to pay online using PayPal. Please check with the MOCA GA membership department about discounts at the $250+ membership levels. Please remember that 2009 Pin Up memberships run to Pin Up 2010, so you will have to renew to participate again in 2010.
DROP OFF WORK:
Thursday, November 18, 2010: 10:00am – 8:00pm with Release Form
PICK UP UNSOLD WORK:
Friday at the end of the event or Saturday, November 20 (10am – 5pm)
Guidelines for Pin-Up 2010:
* Pin Up 2010 is a non-juried, one-day exhibition and sale open to Georgia artists who are 18+ years of age.
* Only one work per artist.
* Each exhibiting artist must be a member of MOCA GA or become a member of MOCA GA to participate in Pin Up 2010.
* Artwork must be no larger than 12 x 16 x 5 inches and valued at no more than $500.
* NEW THIS YEAR: All restrictions regarding framing, matting and medium have been removed; however; all artwork must be capable of being mounted on the wall using no more than the four (4) push pins supplied by MOCA GA.
* 100% of the sales proceeds will go to the artist.
Panel of Judges will return this year: We will be forming a panel of judges to pick favorites again this year. Among those who have agreed to pick favorites are Amalia Amaki, Emily Amy, Mark Basehore, Annnette Cone-Skelton, Thomas Deans, Austin Hill, Robin Sandler, Debbie Hudson, Rob Matre, Louise Shaw, Mary Stanley, Kelly Teasley, Maggie White and Marcia Wood. Stay tuned for updates.
Also NEW this year: OVO by Cirque du Soleil is in town before and after Pin-Up 2010, and they have donated a pair of tickets for MOCA GA to raffle the night of Pin-Up. The winning name will be drawn and notified the day after the event. Below is more information about the Cirque du Soleil Atlanta performances, including a link to a website for discounted tickets.
Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia
75 Bennett Street – Suite A-2
Atlanta, GA 30309