|September 2, 2011|
|6:00 pm||to||9:00 pm|
On September 2, Atlanta’s newest fine art and design gallery run by a mother-daughter art-business duo, 2 Rules Fine Art, will open its doors in historic Marietta, Ga.
Unlike many Atlanta-area art galleries with a fine art focus, 2 Rules Fine Art will also feature great design. The brainchild of mother and sculptor Lois Rule and daughter and graphic designer/educator Becky Rule, 2 Rules Fine Art gallery bridges the gap between what is considered fine art and great design by showcasing creative works that utilize or reference commercial processes and themes. The September 2 gallery grand opening also serves as the opening for the gallery’s premiere group art show, “Function: Repurposed.”
“It’s rare these days to see a new gallery opening its doors, especially one that focuses on great design,” said Lois Rule, co-creator and co-owner of 2 Rules Fine Art. “We saw a need that matched our joint art, design and business expertise and are thrilled to give Atlanta’s art aficionados a gallery tailored to something a bit out of the gallery norm.”
Artists participating in the group show, “Function: Repurposed,” include:
- Stanford Ashcraft, a painter from Marietta, Ga., will be showcasing pieces from his Garden Series in the gallery. Ashcraft also has a window installation in place in the gallery prior to opening.
- Anne Forman, a printmaker from Chicago, Ill., will be showcasing two textile design pieces. For more information, please visit her Chicago street fashion blog, El-No Chicago, and her stationary design company, Anink Design.
- Dennis Ichiyama, a letterpress artist and visual communications design professor from West Lafayette, Ind., will be showcasing pieces from his Wood & Type collection.
- Kang Joo Lee, a painter/printmaker from New York, N.Y., will be showcasing her piece, “Blue City,” as well as five other etchings and paintings.
- Stephanie Rond, a painter from Columbus, Ohio, will be showcasing her piece, “Up in the Sky,” as well as five other paintings.
- Hannah Skoonberg, a printmaker from Marietta, Ga., will be showcasing six relief prints.
- Kay Vinson, a painter from Birmingham, Ala., will be showcasing her piece, “Lost in Translation,” as well as six other paintings.
2 Rules Fine Art
85 Church St.
Marietta, Ga. 30060